Catholic Women's League
“The Catholic Women’s League of Canada is a nation organization rooted in gospel values calling its members to holiness through service to the people of God.”
We are the largest national organization of Catholic women in Canada
Values are learned traditions, something handed to us and which we in turn hand to others. As Catholic women we are not only rooted in the gospel but also rooted in values, which have been shaped through its church that is the People of God.
We are called to imitate Jesus Christ in active participation in the liturgical and the sacramental life of the church, and through personal prayer. We are called to practice love of life and service to our family, our community, and our brethren.
Motto - "For God and Canada"
The Catholic Women’s League of Canada is first and foremost a spiritual organization that will bring its members closer to God, to our Patroness Our Lady of Good Counsel, and to each other.
The CWL is an organization that contributes to the life and vitality of the church, family and community at home and abroad.
As members we:
- believe in the sanctity of human life
- strive for a deeper spiritual life
- recognize and uphold the human dignity of all people
- play an important role in the church and in society
- strive to be a Christian example in our homes and our workplace
- contribute to the growth of religious freedom, social justice, peace and harmony at home and abroad
- promote the teachings of the Catholic Church
- uphold Christian principles in education and health care
- believe in the power of prayer
We welcome all women 16 years and older to become members. Non-Catholic women of the parish are invited to join as Associate Members.
For more information contact Rosella Wanner, League President, at 306.782.7042